Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Coconut Oil: The Good Saturated Fat

I have long been searching for a good coconut oil to use that hasn't been processed around peanuts. I finally found one thanks to Surviving the Stores who posted this deal last week for a great deal on organic extra virgin coconut oil. Nutiva brand has not been processed around peanuts, unlike most other coconut oils that I have come across in the grocery stores. I am really looking forward to using this and seeing some lasting benefits.

The jar of coconut oil from Nutiva states: 'Coconut is one of the world's most nourishing foods.' Nutiva's brand is:
* Cold-Pressed & Pure White: Not refined, deodorized or bleached!
* Organic: Made without pesticides, GMO's, or hexane.
* Versatile: Ideal as a high-heat cooking oil (up to 350 degrees), as a nutritious substitute in baking, and as a "better-than-butter" replacement on bread, vegetables, or popcorn. Also, a luscious oil for skin care, hair care, and massage.

Dr. Mercola has a few things to say about coconut oil here. A few of the benefits he listed stood out to me:
* Improves heart health
* Boosts your thyroid
* Increases metabolism
* Promotes a lean body and weight loss, if needed
* Supports your immune system

Go get yours today!

*Nutiva did not ask me to promote them, nor did I receive compensation for blogging about them. I simply wanted to make you aware of this coconut oil that has NOT been processed around peanuts.*

No comments:

Post a Comment