Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bite-Size Banana Pie {Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free}

One way to make homework seem a little less daunting after school, is to have a spontaneous, fun after-school snack. It's amazing the power food has over us. I try to give my kids fruit most of the time for snacks, and it usually works, but they can get a little tired of plain fruit so every once in awhile I add some variety. If you are not allergic to wheat or soy, Keebler Ready Crust Mini Graham Cracker Crusts are perfect to keep on hand. You can fill them with pudding, fruit, jello, etc. and the kids love them! Today I made these...

Bite-Size Banana Pie {Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free}

Keebler Ready Crust Mini Graham Cracker Crusts
Bananas
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup {the regular one is dairy-free, nut-free}
Colorful Sprinkles
Dairy-Free Whipped Topping {optional}

Fill each crust with sliced bananas, drizzle chocolate syrup over them, top with whipped cream and/or sprinkles. I didn't have coconut milk on hand so I couldn't make my dairy-free whipped topping today, but click for the recipe. Serve immediately!

My kids loved these and it made this cloudy day seem so much more exciting! {Nevermind the fact that they are excited to get to see their Grammy & Papa tomorrow - I'm sure that has nothing to do with their excitement. yeah, right.}

No comments:

Post a Comment