Friday, December 30, 2011

Sugar Cookie Icing {Dairy-free, Egg-free}


I can't tell you how long I've looked for a perfect allergy-free sugar cookie icing. A lot of them have dairy in them and then I found one without dairy and realized I had no corn syrup. So after some research on substitutions, I came up with this icing. I will use it from now on! It's the perfect consistency and tastes yummy, too!

Sugar Cookie Icing {Dairy-free, Egg-free, Vegan}

2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

2 Tbsp water

1 Tbsp Smart Balance Light (or Earth Balance buttery spread - they are dairy free)

1 Tbsp Cream of Tartar (I may have used a heaping Tbsp just in case)

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Food coloring, if desired

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until powdered sugar is moistened. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Add additional tablespoons of water to reach desired consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment