Friday, December 30, 2011

Cinnamon Crunch Muffins {Dairy-free, Egg-free}


This morning, I served my girls these yummy muffins! I have had a hard time finding a good egg-free muffin recipe, but this one turned out great! My allergy girl LOVED these - and so did her younger sister (who snatched one from the cooling rack when I wasn't watching!). These are not loaded with sugar, but they are tasty. Made with whole wheat flour, oats and flax seed - these are a healthy alternative to your store-bought muffin or muffin mix. Super quick and easy to make!


1 1/2 c whole wheat flour (I will probably use 3/4 c whole wheat and 3/4 c all-purpose flour next time)

1 c rolled oats

1/3 c sugar

1 T baking powder

2 T ground flax seed

1 heaping T of cornstarch (this takes the place of eggs)

1 c almond milk

1/4 c canola oil

1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together in mixing bowl. Add liquid ingredients together in a small bowl and then add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix together until moist. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon/sugar to the tops of muffins (you might use the big sugar crystals found in the baking aisle for this step for the cuteness factor). Bake @ 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.


I served these with sausage links this morning to add some protein to the meal. It was a big hit with my two youngest (ages 5 and 2). So, try it! It's so easy and you can make them the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment