Friday, December 30, 2011

Happiness On a Stick {Dairy-free, Nut-free}


This is happiness on a stick. With sprinkles on top. Yep, that about sums it up! I made a few of these for my allergy girl this week so she could take them to school for a special snack. Because I have no idea what other moms are sending in for the class snack, I try to always have a special snack just for my allergy girl. This week testing is going on at school so I knew that everyday there would be a special snack that I would have to substitute for my child. I love using skewers for snacks {fruity kabobs, etc.} and this was an easy snack to make early that will still taste fresh all week.

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Skewers

1/2 bag Whole Foods 365 Vegan Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet*

1/2 bag Marshmallows {I used Strawberry flavored! YUM}

Sprinkles of your choice

Bamboo Skewers



*The Whole Foods 365 Vegan Choc Chips are dairy and nut free! You can also buy Enjoy Life Foods brand chocolate chips which are allergy-free and Whole Foods also sells another brand of allergy-free chocolate chips.

If you love chocolate chips, check out this recipe!!

Skewer 3 regular sized marshmallows in a row on the pointy end of the bamboo skewer. Trim skewer to an appropriate size. {I probably cut off about 6 inches off the end.} Melt chocolate chips in a shallow dish {like a glass pie pan} in the microwave at 30 sec intervals. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Roll the skewered marshmallows in the chocolate until fully coated. Let the excess drip off. Then, transfer to wax paper. Sprinkle your choice of topping on one side. Either refrigerate or let them sit out until the chocolate is set. Then, package them up in separate cellophane bags or in an airtight container to maintain freshness. This takes less than 15 minutes start to finish and the kids LOVE them! You can double the recipe as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment