Friday, December 30, 2011

All-Natural Strawberry Banana Popsicles {allergy-free}

I have been wanting some popsicle molds for awhile now and when World Market sent me $10 for my birthday, I headed over to see what I could find. There were several things I liked, but when I saw these I decided I would buy them with part of my money. These are so fun and the girls love them. I had some strawberries, apples and bananas that needed to be eaten so I decided to experiment. This is what I came up with...

All Natural Strawberry-Banana Popsicles {allergy-free}

2 cups fresh strawberries, {1 cup washed and sliced, 1 cup washed and tops cut off}

1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced

1/2 cup 100% apple juice

2 T Agave Nectar

Put 1 cup sliced strawberries and bananas in a blender.

Pour apple juice on top. {If you don't have any juice, you can juice your own apples. I juiced 3 small apples and got exactly 1/2 cup. Skim the foam off the top with a spoon. Then, pour juice into blender.} Juice 1 cup whole strawberries - or more if you like! - and pour into blender. Add Agave Nectar.

Put the lid on the blender and pulse until you get a smooth texture.

Pour juice mixture into popsicle molds, put in freezer for a couple of hours until popsicles are set.

Serve!

These popsicles are loaded with fruit and are great for snacktime, breakfast, dessert....anytime! Consider each one 1-2 servings of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment