Friday, December 30, 2011

No-Bake Chocolate Cookies {dairy-free, nut-free}

Who doesn't absolutely go nuts over love a no-bake chocolate cookie? Well, I don't think I know anyone that doesn't fit that description. If you don't, I don't wanna hear about it. I loved these as a kid, but I absolutely adore these as a mom. They are super easy. Mix a few ingredients, let them chill in the fridge and voila! A little chunk of allergy-free heaven!


Here's the low-down...

Melt 3T butter (I use Smart Balance Light - it's dairy-free) in a 2 quart saucepan.

Add 3/4c sugar, 2 heaping T cocoa powder, 1/4 c almond milk. Mix well.

Stir in 1/2 c crunchy soy butter (or almond butter, sun butter, etc.), 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips.

Remove from burner and stir in 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats. Let sit a couple minutes until it gets a bit stiff.

Drop in rounded tablespoons onto a wax paper lined pan. Chill approximately 30 minutes.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment