Friday, December 30, 2011

Snickerdoodles {Dairy-free, Egg-free}


Today was the first time I tried to make Snickerdoodles in my life and I decided to make them allergy-free {like most of the baked goods I make} so that my daughter could enjoy them with the family. They turned out GREAT! Perfect consistency, great taste and appearance! My girls loved them. And that's why I do all of this in the first place. So, here's how I made them:

Snickerdoodles {Dairy-, Peanut-, Egg-Free}

2 1/2 cups plus 2 T all-purpose flour

3/4 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup dairy-free shortening

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup plus 2 T packed brown sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 T cornstarch

1/4 cup + 1 tsp Almond milk

2 T sugar mixed with 2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease two sheet pans. Whisk together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt. In the mixer bowl, combine shortening, sugar and brown sugar, mixing on medium speed until fluffy. Add vanilla and cornstarch. Mix. Add flour mixture and almond milk, scraping down sides as necessary. Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll balls into cinnamon/sugar mixture to coat the outside. Place on baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment