Friday, December 30, 2011

No-Dough 'Peanut' Butter Sandwich {Peanut-free, dairy-free, egg-free}



What do YOU do when you are packing lunchboxes before school and you realize there is not even one piece of bread in the house?? Maybe you do what I did this morning and improvised. I was going to make more PB&J Truffles, but decided it might be quicker to just grab a banana and pack it with soy butter and just a few Vegan Chocolate Chips. I don't know if you've ever tasted Soy Butter, but it tastes a lot like natural, non-sugary peanut butter {this opinion coming from a JIF fan}. So, I quickly sliced a banana in half length-wise, spread soy butter on one open side, strategically placed some yummy vegan choc chips on it and topped it with the other half of banana. Wrapped it in foil and sent my girl off to school.

This lunch idea did 3 things:

1. It gave my girl something different for lunch. Variety is the spice of life, you know!

2. It is providing her with a punch protein and a fruit serving all in one!

3. It saved me from having to run to the store early this morning. =)

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment