Friday, December 30, 2011

No Bake Granola Bars {Dairy-free, Nut-free}

I found these the other day while searching my new favorite website Pinterest. These will be great for lunchboxes, after-school snacks or even breakfast on the go. And healthy, too! I am on a mission to provide my children with brain-food for breakfast on school days and this recipe below should do just that. I adapted it a smidge from here and it's gonna be a good one!

photo from fooddoodles.com

No-Bake Granola Bars {dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free}
Makes 12
  • 2 large overripe bananas
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup crunchy cereal (I'd use rice krispies)
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup(or any other sweetener you use - I use Agave Nectar)
  • 2 tbsp soy butter
  • 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips (I use 365 Whole Foods brand)
  • 2 tbsp dried cranberries or other fruit (I will leave this out)
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seed {brain power!}
  • 2 – 4 tsp cocoa powder
Line a muffin pan with paper liners, or use a silicone muffin pan for easy removal. Mash the bananas. Add wet ingredients and cocoa powder and mix well. Add all other ingredients, mix well then press into prepared muffin tin. Freeze at least 60 minutes before serving. Freeze them overnight and throw one or two in the lunchbox before school. By the time lunchtime comes around, they will be perfect for eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment