Friday, December 30, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls {Dairy-free, Egg-free}

I recently posted about Quick Breads and one of my favorite doughs is the Pillsbury brand. I use all different types of their refrigerated doughs for my daughter who is allergic to milk, eggs and peanuts. Most of these doughs only contain the allergen, wheat, so they are safe for my family. I love to keep Pillsbury Crescent Rolls on hand for last minute desserts, bread, etc. that I may need. Sunday morning, I made cinnamon rolls out of the Crescent Rolls which are always a big hit around here.

 

Cinnamon Rolls {egg-free, dairy-free}

1 roll of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

Smart Balance Light buttery spread

Cinnamon

Brown Sugar

Pecans or Walnuts, optional

Open can of crescents dough and unroll it into a rectangle shape. Pinch together all the seams and use a hand roller or rolling pin to roll it out smoothly. Spread Smart Balance Light buttery spread onto the dough. A thin layer all around will work well. Sprinkle a 'healthy' amount of brown sugar and cinnamon over the buttery layer. Sprinkly chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) on top of that. Then, carefully roll the entire thing up from one end to the other.


If you go from short end to short end, you'll have normal sized cinnamon rolls. If you roll from long side to long side, you'll have several mini cinnamon rolls which is what I did. Then, slice into 1-inch slices (for minis and 2 inch for regular) and place them in a round baking pan that has been greased. Bake at 375 degrees until tops are just turning brown.


Mix together 3/4 cup powdered sugar with 3-4 T almond milk or lemon juice and you'll have a nice glaze to drizzle over the top of your cinnamon rolls.


Serve with fresh fruit and/or bacon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment