Friday, December 30, 2011

Waffles {Dairy-free, Egg-free}


I love waffles. Not so much eating them as I do love the convenience and speedy prep time involved. My kids love them. Hubs likes them as long as I provide a meaty side or a fried egg. So, when I remembered I 'needed' to be at a friend's baby shower/Ladies' Night Out last night, I quickly ran to the pantry to be sure I had all the necessary ingredients for waffles and much to my delight, I did. So, here you go. You can make these a million different ways and with a myriad of topping options, so be creative!

Waffles {Dairy-free, Egg-free}

Bisquick

Almond Milk

Ground flax seed

Vegetable Oil

Vanilla

Cinnamon

Follow the instructions on the back of the Bisquick box for Waffles and substitute almond milk for milk, 2 T ground flax seed for the eggs and then add in some cinnamon and vanilla for extra flavor. Minimal prep + minimal cook time = great last-minute meal. Serve with your choice of sides. I topped our waffles with fresh blueberries and strawberries and a wee bit of syrup. Big hit with the fam, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment