Friday, December 30, 2011

Stained Glass Marshmallow Roll {Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free}

We've arrived at the time of year again where tasty, traditional food is a BIG deal! I'm excited about Thanksgiving dinner in a couple of days, how about you?? And with Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, I've had to come up with some more fun desserts for my girl. I wanted to do something a little different for her this year in the sweets department and as I wandered through the baking aisle, I spotted the colored marshmallows. I was actually looking for marshmallows for something else I'll post about later, but when I saw the colored ones, my tastebuds were catapulted back to my younger years when my mamaw would make Stained Glass Marshmallow Rolls. {Now I'm drooling.} I called my sister to see if she had the recipe, but no luck. So, I googled it and found one that works for me - with minor adjustments, I've got myself a dairy-free, peanut-free treat that I am sure my girl will love! Hope you enjoy it!

Stained Glass Marshmallow Roll {dairy-free, peanut-free}

1 lg bag Vegan Chocolate Chips

1/2 cup Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread {dairy-free}



Pour both ingredients into large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and let sit until cool.

1 10.5 oz bag colored mini-marshmallows



Once chocolate is cool, stir in marshmallows and pour mixture onto a sheet of waxed paper. Roll into a log shape.



Shredded Coconut



Spread coconut flakes onto waxed paper and roll the log in the coconut so that it is covered all around. Wrap the finished product in waxed paper and put in fridge to chill. When you are ready to eat it, slice it into 1/2 inch slices and serve! They look like stained glass windows!

Happy Thanksgiving from our allergy-free kitchen to yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment