Friday, December 30, 2011

Convenient Breads {Dairy-free, Egg-free}

I thought I'd let you in on a few of my favorite bread items that can be made quickly and/or conveniently with little to no work involved. When we discovered my daughter's food allergies to milk, egg and peanuts, I immediately realized that most baked goods were out of the question. I began looking for convenient foods that were possibly dairy- and egg-free, but thought I would never find them. Well, to my great surprise, I found out that most of the Pillsbury refrigerated doughs fall into that category!

Some that I use frequently are:

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls - you can do anything with these! Make rolls, stuffed sandwiches, sandwich braids, roll out the dough, pinch the seams and use it for any kind of base for pizza, pies, tarts, etc. The possibilities are endless! {The rolls do contain wheat.}

Pillsbury Pizza Dough - besides the obvious choice of using it for pizza dough, it can be used to make stromboli, cinnamon rolls, pizza rolls, etc. etc. Use your imagination. It's great for a variety of quick fixes. Think appetizers, etc. {Contains wheat}

Pillsbury Pie Crust - read the labels to make sure, but I've used this before for making pastries and pies. Yum. And so easy. Use your own allergy-free fillings and you can make tons of delectable pastries to suit your allergy-free needs.

Pillsbury French Bread Loaf - yes, they really have thought of everything. It's hard to find a good already baked french bread that is allergy-free, but this loaf tastes better than store-bought. It's hot and fresh with just a touch of crunch on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. SO GOOD to compliment any dish.

They also have breadsticks, Simply Rustic French Loaf, Country Italian Bread, Garlic Bread Sticks and Dinner Rolls. Be sure to read the labels - I haven't tried all of these, and they may have since changed some.

Another wonderful product I always keep on hand is Bisquick! No milk and no eggs involved and they DO have a Gluten-Free Bisquick! I don't know what I would do without Bisquick. {I guess I would have to make everything from scratch!} Bisquick has filled in for us when we haven't thought far enough ahead and always turns out a great product. I make waffles, pancakes, biscuits, shortcake, etc. with Bisquick and my husband came up with a delicious cinnamon swirl coffee cake made from Bisquick. Go here for lots of recipes to make with Bisquick! I love it and just bought another big box of it yesterday.

These are just a few of my favorite convenience items that I wanted to share with you. What can't you live without??

No comments:

Post a Comment