Friday, December 30, 2011

Allergy-Free Sweets

My newest project on my never-ending- to-do list is to find a good mix of delectable, yummy-looking, sweet treats for my soon-to-be Kindergartener! This is going to take some major time and research, but I am going to accomplish this. The plan is to make her a little cookbook full of yummy recipes that she can eat so that I can refer back to this constantly as K5 is full of special treats, etc. I know it's hard to believe, but it IS possible to get tired of eating cupcakes. She has proved this theory. It's time for me to get on the ball and find some exciting alternatives. The criteria for these snacks are: 1) they have to be portable 2) easy to eat without having to heat up, etc. 3) they need to look very appealing to a 5 yr old 4) cannot contain ANY dairy, milk or peanut derivatives 5) They need to TASTE really good!!

So, if you've got any good great ideas for me, feel free to share your ideas!! I will do my best to post these recipes along with pictures when I come up with them.

For now, I leave you with some great convenience foods that are allergy-free in case you don't already know about them.
  • Cherrybrook Kitchen - I couldn't have survived the beginning months of learning to live allergy-free without these products!! They have dairy-, egg-, peanut-, gluten-, wheat-free products that really do taste yummy! I buy these locally at Whole Foods Market.
  • Enjoy Life Foods - I have found their chocolate chips are very yummy and my daughter loves them! You really cannot taste much difference between them and real chocolate chips. The other products, you just have to taste for yourself to decide whether you like them or not. They have coupons on their website, so that is a plus! I also buy these products at Whole Foods Market.
  • Divvies - Dairy-free, Nut-free, Egg-free bakery!! They have lots of goodies! I am sad that I missed out on their chocolate easter bunnies that were available for a limited time only, but I will find another one for my girl somewhere! It's my mission!
  • Premium Chocolatiers - I FOUND ONE! They have allergy-free chocolates! It doesn't get any better than that, Folks!
I'm sure there are more - I just don't have time to look right now. There are a couple of hungry girls begging for food. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment